Wednesday, July 11, 2007

what can change in a week?














Well, not much really.
I took old blacky in for his wheel bearing, and the doctor charged 190.00 pounds! Damn! So on the way back out I spotted I nice little red rover (pics to come)at the car yard. Went in and had a talk to the salesman who was actually genuine and nice (SHOCK!!) And basically walked out with a straight swap to a one owner rover 5 door hatch, electric sunroof, full service history. Really missing having to cringe over every pothole as old blacky felt like he was going to break in half, I miss the intermittant brake warning light, I miss how the brake pedal sank to the floor on startup. NOT! Blacky served us well, I will never forget him, aah, that one afternoon on the way back from a ride when he gave me an ABS fault, leaked on me (how does a roof leak without a sunroof?@!) emptied its brake fluid, and then proceeded to emit a burning smell from the vents which ended up being the blower fan (I assume since it never worked after that) then drop a wheel bearing a few days later.

So Hugo the Red Rover (thanks Cad for the name) is a lovely little old lady,quite polite and very well mannered.

What else:
Aah, the pics! Well I rounded up some crew from work and we went to Duxford, the largest air mueseum in Europe, and the largest WWII air show on earth (well so I am told).
Impressive! I have to say the jet at the start was awesome (F15) and I am not sure if Anika was just so absolutely petrified she didn't cry, or it really didn't bother her. We covered her ears, but it makes little difference when the ground is shaking!

I thought of how much Dad and Stubro would have loved the afternoon. Yes, that's the Memphis Belle there guys! A lancaster from dambusters too, spitfires (around 12 all up) Messershmitts, Mustangs, Seafury's.

The panorama sunset is one i have just taken, the weather has been fantastic here since Saturday, I got up at 5:30 Sunday morning to go MTBing. Was a nice start to the day, I was the only one at the MTB park too (lazy poms).

Chrissy did a function on Saturday that had a face painter, she came back home all pretty with flowers on her face.

Cheerio old chaps! Dont forget you can comment! Would love to here from you guys (is anyone actually reading this??

1 comment:

Brad said...

I am! I'm reading it!